About the Program
How can you double your donations? Matching Grant Opportunities.
CareFirst operates a Matching Grant Program to encourage our associates' participation and support for charitable causes and to further our mission of supporting the community we serve. CareFirst will match on a one-to-one basis the money contributed or raised by eligible associates, up to $500 per request.
How Does This Program Work?
- To be considered for a matching grant, the charitable organization supported by the CareFirst associate must complete this Matching Grant Online Application.
- Necessary associate contribution information must be included in the application.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A $500 matching grant maximum applies to each matching grant request.
- Matching Grant Applications must be received no later than February 28 of the year following the year of associate contribution.
Grant Request Details
- CareFirst associates may apply for more than one matching grant allowing for many organizations to benefit from the Matching Grant Program.
- Preference is awarded to matching grant requests in which the CareFirst Associate is involved with the organization as a Board member, committee member or volunteer.
- An Internal Advisory Committee is responsible for decisions made in regard to the Matching Grants Program. All decisions are final.
- Matching grants will be approved in accordance with the CareFirst Grant Application Guidelines on a first-come, first-serve basis.